Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

I HAVE RETURNED

After three long weeks of work in good old Methuen Mass I've finally returned back to the “ Scariest Place on Earth” (REALLY!!! that's the name you had to choose for our episode?????? I just about peed myself when I saw that. Don't get me wrong it's definitely a fitting title just a tad in your face dramatic if used in an everyday conversation setting... example A.............

Me- Hey did you happen to watching hoarding buried alive last night?

Friend- Yes it was very moving?

Me- Oh was it the taking out the trash episode? Or the Sisters clash one?

Friend – Nope it was the SCARIEST PLACE ON EARTH one.

Me – ohhhhhhh that sounds freaky. Where there dead animals all over the place or where the hoarders just freaks?

Friend – No nothing like that. They were normal people, their basement was just jammed pact with a lot of crap and had some sweet cob webs and spiders.

Me – Well that's anticlimactic hahaha

….....................................................................AND …..................SCENE !!! )


just another random Krissy observation backed up with an imaginary scenario … feel free to act it out with a friend or family member, :)

I need to thank everyone who reached out to me after the show aired and who offered me so many words of love and encouragement. Due to me being in Mass for the past 3 ½ weeks I was unable to even view the show until I returned home which was only 3 days ago. Just knowing that there were and are people in this world rooting for me and my family makes what we are facing a bit easier to swallow and for me personally has given me the strength to stay focused on what I need to do right now in my life. You are all rock stars in my book my friends, old and new, and I'm grateful you cared enough to take the time to give my some highly positive cyber high fives :) ( that's what I dubbed all the comments emails and messages I received hahaha )

so life after the show.................where oh where to begin.................hmmmmmmmmm....well I'll give the footnoted version for now........ weekend show aired, this chicka drove off to a non-tlc cable loving town where she worked very long hours for three weeks in a row. The rest of the fam remained at home awaiting the upcoming inspection / court date. Good news, we still have a home yeah! Bad news, the fire marshal and the tax asses still want to take it away oh yeah and pops Mcgee refuses to listen to my sister and I when we tell him he needs serious therapeutic help to make any real progress on cleaning the house ohhhhhhhh and he has yet to ask for, offer to plan or even accept any ounce of help from anyone outside his mommy and him circle of ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! I truly feel that both my sister and I have done all we can do for our parents at this point. The last straw for me was def when I walked into the house the day I got back and looked at the state of my living area. As a welcome home gift my father decided that during his last min up all night clean up jobs he'd use the free space my lack of physical presence had to offer as a free pass to put whatever he wanted wherever he wanted all while completely pooping up my stuff in the process. Thank you father for the support. Here are some great example pictures for your viewing pleasure.

This is my Wii dismantled and strew across the floor :)


This is my DVD rack stashed on top of my stuff :)

This is where all my coats and laundry from the trip was thrown :)

This is where the bulk of my luggage ended up :)

This is where the other luggage went, oh and i some how gained a brand new rug lol :)

And this is my cricurt nicely encased in a protective box thanks to my smart sister who wanted to save it from daddy de-cluttering destruction :)




I've decided to hide for the next week, mainly due to me having the mother of all head colds but also because I'm at a loss on how to approach this situation yet again. I'll keep ya posted though. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to watch the show and offer their support. I'm sorry it took me so long to write anything but I had to get my barrings before I could truly comment Krissy style lol. I hope my next post is filled with better news.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. It would be easy to give you advice, but I think your options are obvious. The choices are not hard to see, but it is surely very hard to make a choice.
    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I too am the adult child of a hoarder so I related very strongly to your story, though our circumstances differ. It's very difficult to want the best for someone you love, only to watch them struggle and sometimes fail -- all the while affecting you and others in a negative way.

    I'm a bit further down this road than you are, and for what it's worth, there is hope. I got out of the situation and eventually my mother hit rock bottom (or sky high piles?) and decided to change. It's one day at a time for her and it's something she'll always have to be careful about but she is better now. So there is hope for your father, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to catch the show on 11/20/10 and wanted to say that my heart breaks for all of you. I feel you and your sister's pain and frustration with the father you both obviously love very much, and I felt so sorry for your mother who appeared to just stay in her room....my poor heart broke for her.

    I came looking for your blog because it was talked about in the show. I was wondering where things were at this point.

    You have another person on your cheering team here. I do really hope things have started coming along by this time. I'm hoping that your father is/was able to escape jail time, but I have to be honest, through everything in the show, I didn't see him being able to be strong enough to make the adjustments he needed to. He needs some serious help, and reading about your inability to get him any in that area, I really hope you have figured out a way to get him some. He seems like such a good man, but really a lost soul trying desperately to find his way back.

    Again, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a month, and haven't seen updates from you? Hope and pray things have gotten better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen any updates from you, have you stopped doing this? I hope that things are looking up and that everyone is doing well. Please post a note as soon as you can, I'll be watching for it!

    G*d Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are a very, very attractive woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi krissy i just been watch you and your family on hoards
    i just like to say i have been in your shoes it is so hard , my self i just had to move out and leave the rest of my family to it. good luck
    ps you are really hot to x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best article, very useful and explanation. Your post is extremely incredible. Thank you very much for the new information. Hoarding

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Coronavirus Cleaning Services Bristol

    ReplyDelete