Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When good gifts go wrong

I recently discovered that I have a talent for making super fun decorations and window displays out of paper :)

Because of the amount of time and energy I spent cutting everything out by hand my loving family decided that this year for x-mass they would buy me a brand spanking new Cricut :)
 
This thing is like the Mr.t of paper crafting and even though i've yet to figure out what everything does I absolutely love the darn thing but.......................There's one problem with the practicality of this sweet machine.................................

This, thanks to the hoarders that be, is the amount of space i have alotted for me to actually work on my crafts. FYI that would be the floor of my living room aka my bedroom :(

This is my couch/bed / nook of love/ hobbit hole.... any wonder i'm single??? i think not ! moving on..................................................................................................................

well as you can see my new gadget is literaly 2/3 the size of the space i need to use it in. Now as for my craft supplies, seeing as I have no closet or cubby holes or anything that might act as an easily accesable form of storage I am reduced to keeping all my paper and doo dads like this..............
Go ahead find the paper amungst the jumbled mess of what?? I dare you haha :)  well in hopes of maybe using the kitchen table as my crafting refuge I ventured out to the kitchen, Cricut in hand only to be met with this sight of ughhhhhhh.......................................


A bit disappointed and a whole hell of alot pissed I walked back into my den of solitude, placed my cutting buddy back on the floor and gave up crafting for today :( But worry not my friends I amused myself with one of my favorite past times  ..............................


Oh yes that is a child sized squeeze box and oh yes I do play it (not well ) and frankly it's ridiculousness puts a smile on my face and a giggle in my heart hahaha Like i said everyday in my house is a battle or struggle just to live normally to some extent so how do you cope? You learn to appreciate the small things and develop a very very very good sense of humor :)

1 comment: